Antique Victorian gold collar and ruby, emerald and natural pearl locket
1 in stock
So hard to find. And in wonderful condition too. This Victorian serpent collar comes with a ruby, emerald and seed pearl locket, which slides off for separate wear.
These gas pipe collars inspired the iconic Bulgari serpenti tubogas jewels. This example is totally handmade (there is a degree of mechanisation in the contemporary examples).
It’s 18-carat gold and from about 1880. The collar is a generous size too.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Set with two natural rubies, two natural emeralds and nine natural seed pearls
• Collar approximately 17 1/2 inches (43cm) long, 11mm wide
• Locket approximately 5.8cm (2 1/4 inches) long including small bale, 3.4cm wide
• Length of drop from top of chain to bottom of locket approximately 7.7cm (three inches)
• Weight is 58 grams
• In very good antique condition: there is slight bruising in one small section of the collar near the clasp (see photograph), so this is not visible when worn
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)