Antique Victorian five-stone diamond ring in 18-carat gold
1 in stock
This appealing mid to late 19th century five-stone ring features white and clear old mine cut diamonds in a fine, handmade 18-carat gold claw setting.
Some of the stones have been retipped. It’s been well done, so it’s not easily seen even with a 10x loupe.
This is a common and acceptable practice for jewellery that has been worn. The novice collector should not be put off by minor sympathetic repairs like this which extend the wearable life of a piece.
In this case the claws are the appropriate thickness and length, so it looks “right”.
Importantly the gold mount is in very good condition. I like its pretty, hand-engraved scrolled shoulders.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Five old mine cut diamonds estimated to total 0.66 carats, graded set as G-H/VS-SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $5,000
• Size approximately 6 1/2 or M, but easily resized free of charge
• Weight is 2.1 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not included)
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)