Antique Victorian five-stone diamond carved half hoop ring, from about 1890
1 in stock
I pounced on this great example of an old cut diamond carved half hoop ring.
It stood out in the roll of rings unfurled by my longtime contact on one of his regular trips to Sydney.
Five lovely diamonds have been closely set in a substantial 18-carat yellow gold curved band with beautiful scrolled sides.
It dates from about 1890 and is fully handcrafted. There are about one and a half carats of diamonds in total.
The largest, central stone is oval, allowing more diamond weight in a compact curved ring.
The gemstones’ proportions are good, with the biggest stone about twice the size of its adjoining ones, which themselves are about twice as large as the end stones.
And the condition is wonderful condition, too.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Oval old European cut diamond at centre estimated at 0.56 carats, graded set as H-I/SI2
• Two old European cut diamonds around central stone estimated to total 0.55 carats, graded set as G-H/VS1 & SI2
• Two old mine cut diamonds on outside estimated to total 0.30 carats, graded set as H-I/SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $11,250
• Size approximately 6 or L 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Weight is 3.2 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)