Here’s an eye-catching and substantial rose gold guard chain from the end of the 19th century.
The faceted belcher links reflect the light and make the gold gleam from every angle. It’s gorgeous by day and glorious at night.
A tiny applied gold tag on the end with a nine-carat mark confirms it is both English and antique. Not all antique English chains have these tiny rectangles or any other identifying marks, but it’s always pleasing to find one that does.
These lovely long muff chains are getting ever harder to find in good condition. They’re great worn on their own, usually doubled, as their weight keeps them in place, but they’re also so versatile as they can be hung with pendants and lockets.
This one is in beautiful condition – and is a bit longer than is usual, too. This means it can be wrapped three times around the neck for maximum impact.
The large dog clip is original to the chain.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in nine-carat rose gold
• Quality original dog clip in good working order
• Approximately 65 inches (1.66 metres) long, not including clip; link approximately 4.43mm wide
• Weight is 49 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Note: the Victorian heart locket is for sale separately
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.