Antique Victorian Etruscan Revival gold locket from 1867
1 in stock
This is a typical example of mid-Victorian middle-class jewellery. Handmade in 15-carat gold in the popular Etruscan Revival style, it typifies jewellery of the 1870s.
Indeed, it has the added delight of bearing an English registration mark for 1867. These were only used on items where an original piece was being patented.
At a time when jewellery was rarely hallmarked, marks like this give a pleasing certainty for dating a piece.
Lockets in the Etruscan Revival style – reminiscent of ancient Roman and Etruscan jewellery – are hard to find.
Suitable for everyday wear, then and now, the locket is identically worked front and back.
Neck and ear ornaments are more protected from the knocks of everyday life than hand and finger jewels. Thus this locket has survived in pristine condition.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold with bloomed finish
• Has registration mark for 1867
• The interior is immaculate and it closes with a crisp click
• Approximately 4.27cm (1.68 inches) tall without bale, 3.06 (1.20 inches) wide
• Weighs 17 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Note: the antique box is not included
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)