Antique Victorian engraved sterling silver locket from about 1880
1 in stock
The quality of the engraving on this silver locket from about 1880 is outstanding. The incisions vary from wide to narrow and deep to shallow.
They’re both fluid and precise – what a small treasure of Victorian craftsmanship this is.
One of the delightful aspects of good quality antique jewellery is the way the backs are beautifully finished. In this case you could easily wear the reverse showing for a completely different look.
What is possibly the original photo is inside, with what could be a lock of its subject’s hair.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
• Handmade in sterling silver
• Approximately 6.3cm (2 1/2 inches) long, including original bale; 3.8cm (nearly 1 1/2 inches) wide
• Weight is 20.5 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• Note: the antique silver collar is for sale separately. Please get in touch if you’d like information about it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)