Antique Victorian diamond buckle ring, hallmarked London 1883
1 in stock
Buckles are an abiding motif in antique and vintage jewellery, reaching a height of popularity in the late 19th century. Victorians used them to signify enduring, steadfast love.
This handsome ring, clearly hallmarked for 1883, is bigger and better than most. Note that the date mark has been struck twice, both inside and the outside the band. This sometimes happened when a ring was made in two separate parts, as here.
This is a large ring at U or 10 1/4, and is probably best not resized owing to its substantial width.
The diamonds are matched, white and lively. And the well-formed, separately applied buckle and strap add to its appeal.
It would make a wonderful promise ring, antique engagement ring or wedding band.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Set with two round old cut diamonds
• Size approximately 10 1/4 or U
• Band is 8.8mm wide
• Weight is 7.2 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not for sale)
• Note: some of the other antique rings are for sale separately. Please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)