Antique Victorian diamond and natural pearl pendant from about 1880
1 in stock
I’m a big admirer of the sort of high-quality, unfussy English workmanship on display in this 15-carat gold, natural pearl and diamond pendant.
It’s from about 1880: the old mine cut diamonds are set in silver; the natural pearls are well-matched; and the bale is detachable.
In addition, there’s a lightness of execution one doesn’t usually see in English pieces of this time.
I’m extremely fussy about condition. I feel a duty to my clients about it, because it’s just so important when it comes to pieces holding their value and appreciating.
The workmanship of this pendant – on show on its rear view – is particularly pleasing.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold with a silver top setting
• Large old mine cut diamond is estimated to be 0.30 carats, graded set as H/piqué 1
• 103 old mine cut diamonds of various sizes estimated to total 2.70 carats, graded set as G-K/VS-piqué
• Set with one round button pearl, three oval pearls and 16 half pearls – all are natural
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $17,500
• Approximately 6.8cm tall (nearly 2 3/4 inches) including original bale, 3cm (nearly 1 1/4 inches) wide
• Weight is 9.8 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale – nor is the antique chain)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)