Antique Victorian conversion Bohemian garnet clip-on earrings, from about 1880
1 in stock
These garnet earrings were probably originally matching brooches that were converted to earrings in the mid-20th century, when clip fittings were the fashion.
They could be converted to posts and butterflies suitable for pierced ears if desired – please convo me pre-purchase if you’re interested in this option.
They really are wonderful as earrings; they make such a big statement. I love their colour and their boldness.
All the rays curve downwards, giving an almost starfish-like appearance. This three-dimensional depth really adds to their appeal when worn.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in garnet gold (low-carat gold); the ear clips are gold plate
• Set with rose-cut Bohemian garnets
• Approximately 3.8cm (1 1/2 inches) across
• Weight is 20.8 grams
• In excellent antique condition, though these are likely to have been converted from matched brooches
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• Note: the other antique jewellery has sold
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)