Antique Victorian carved onyx and natural pearl mourning ring, circa 1870
1 in stock
Here’s an imposing 18-carat gold mid-Victorian mourning ring of large proportions.
It is richly embellished with black enamel, a central carved onyx cameo forget-me-not, and natural pearls.
There is minor damage to the enamel inscription, which says “IN MEMORIAM”, but this has been taken into consideration in the price.
Overall it’s still in very good condition as the pearls are lustrous, white and matched, the onyx is unchipped, and the pleasingly heavy gold body is unworn.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold decorated with black enamel
• Carved onyx surrounded by 10 bright, white, well-matched pearls
• Size approximately 10 1/2 or V 1/2 (this ring is not suitable for resizing)
• Height of central navette is 20.6mm
• Weight is 8.3 grams
• In very good antique condition: there is slight wear to the enamel
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not included)
• Note: the other rings are for sale separately. Please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)