Antique Victorian black opal heart locket bangle with diamonds, from about 1900
1 in stock
It takes a special jewel to get my heart racing nowadays. This did it.
It’s an Australian Lightning Ridge black opal estimated at 15.5 carats surrounded by 38 diamonds in a late Victorian 18-carat gold bangle with a locket back.
Opals are my favourite gemstone. These magnificent stones should be seen in as many different lights and from as many angles as possible. The changing patterns and light play are central to their appeal.
This is the largest opal I have in my shop. No one colour dominates and it’s different from every angle. I can’t imagine any two photographs of it coming out the same.
I bought well on this and have passed this on in the price.
It will fit a medium to large wrist.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold and silver
• Heart-shaped solid Australian black opal cabochon estimated set as 15.5 carats, measures 24.7mm by 20.4mm by 4.9mm
• 32 old round cut diamonds, claw set in silver surrounding the heart, are estimated to total 0.96 carats, graded set as J-L/SI & piqué
• Six old round cut diamonds on the bracelet’s centre bar estimated to total 0.48 carats, graded set as J-L/SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $29,000
• Bracelet approximately 6.5cm (just over 2 1/2 inches) wide
• Weight is 30.1 grams (33.8 grams with the glass and silk locket insert in place)
• In excellent antique condition: the glass is intact
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)