Antique Victorian banded agate, natural pearl and gold pendant with locket back
1 in stock
A beautiful combination of banded agates, white enamel and natural pearls set in rich high-carat gold light up this mid-Victorian pendant with a locket back.
It was handcrafted in England in about 1870. Similar pendants came from the workshop of the renowned London jeweller John Brogden.
And it epitomises the popular Archaeological Revival style – the subdued colours point to it being a mourning piece.
The pendant is a generous 1 3/4 inches or 4.6cm in length, typical of the large jewels of the 1860s and 1870s.
The agates and pearls have a beautiful lustre, giving an appealing overall glow and life to this fine piece.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold with white enamel
• Set with 14 banded agate sugarloafs and 14 natural pearls – cream-coloured with superb lustre
• Approximately 4.6cm (1 3/4 inches) high, including original bale; 2.7cm (just over 1 inch) wide
• Weight is 18.5 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• Note: the antique chain is not for sale but I have others available – please get in touch if you’d like information about them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)