Antique mid-Victorian silver collar, hand-engraved and reversible, circa 1880
1 in stock
Mid-Victorian jewellery was usually large in scale, matching the voluminous fashions of the day.
This splendid sterling silver collar is bolder than most. The rectangular, slightly flared links give a strong geometry to the design.
When the unengraved side is facing up, the appearance is almost of a mid-century Danish necklace. Yet it was made around 1880.
It’s such a versatile piece – it can be worn alone on either side, or with a complementary locket or pendant.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in sterling silver
• One side is plain, the other engraved with flowers
• Just over 16 inches (41cm) long, 2cm (over 3/4 inch) wide
• Weight is 50 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not for sale)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
• Note: the antique silver locket is for sale separately. Please get in touch if you’d like information about it
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)