Antique mid-Victorian gold bracelet with enamelled heart lockets, circa 1845
1 in stock
This charming gold locket bracelet from about 1845 suspends three enamelled hearts, each apparently made by a different hand – though similar in date.
Inside each heart is a beautifully worked lock of hair. I imagine a mother wearing this personal memento of her three children. (Indeed, Queen Victoria owned a bracelet along the same lines, each locket bearing a lock of her children’s hair.)
The bracelet itself is composed of snake links – always coveted by jewellery collectors.
There is a little wear on the enamel. This was obviously a jewel that was worn and loved. The damage is slight given the age and context.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold, with enamel
• Each of the three heart lockets has hair finely worked with gold thread under glass
• The two smaller lockets are enamelled on both sides, though the designs are different
• The snake-link chain is approximately seven inches (18cm) long, 6mm wide; the middle locket is 17mm long
• Weight is 27.2 grams
• In very good antique condition: all the glass inserts are intact but there is some minor enamel loss
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)