Antique mid-Victorian garnet and diamond brooch, from about 1870
1 in stock
Here’s a punchy little mid-Victorian cabochon garnet brooch with a star-set old cut diamond in the middle.
There is a small loop where a bale could be attached.
It’s possible that this was originally a stickpin. The quatrefoil shape is typical of the mid-19th century.
The garnets are very fiery, as is the diamond. I was very tempted to keep this one …
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold (has been tested to confirm metal purity)
• Set with four cabochon garnets and an old cut diamond
• Approximately 16.6mm high, 21.3mm wide
• Weight is 5.8 grams
• In very good antique condition: small marks on the back show this was probably converted from a stickpin
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not for sale)
• Note: some of the other jewellery is for sale separately (some has sold). Please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)