SOLD: Mid-Victorian Aesthetic Movement sterling silver bangle, circa 1875
Out of stock
Here’s a quality Aesthetic period bangle from about 1880. It’s wide, substantial and well made in sterling silver.
The herons are separately applied and finely engraved, as you can see if you scroll through the photographs.
The Japanese influence is apparent in a number of ways. The emphasis is on workmanship rather than expensive materials. The subject matter is derived directly from nature, rather than abstract or stylised design motifs. And the decoration is asymmetrical too, another radical idea for late 19th century.
This is a statement piece which would mix with modern as well as antique jewellery.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in sterling silver
• Internal measurement approximately 6 3/4 inches (17cm) and the internal diameter is 2 1/4 inches (5.5cm): it fits a small wrist
• Width is 32mm (1 1/4 inches)
• Weight is 43.8 grams
• In excellent antique condition: there is one small ding on the back
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not for sale)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)