SOLD: Micromosaic ring with bird and flowers, circa 1880
Out of stock
This charming micro mosaic ring is a rare survivor from about 1880.
Mosaics are easily damaged, and rings are often banged and knocked through wear. So while many brooches have survived in good condition, the same cannot be said for rings.
Here one flower has lost part of the tessera and been filled with a glass-like substance, but this is only noticeable when examined with a 10x loupe.
The pretty high-carat gold mount is adorned with a tiny flower on each shoulder, with added filigree and granulation. Fine twisted gold wire frames the central motif.
This ring is sizeable, despite its delicate appearance – it is presently an L, or 5 3/4, but it would look best on a slimmish finger, given the overall daintiness of the design.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 14-carat yellow gold
• Set with glass tesserae
• Size approximately 6 or L 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Weight is 2.1 grams
• Face of ring is 1.8cm (3/4 inch) long
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not for sale)
• Note: the antique Scottish agate pendant/brooch is for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)