SOLD: Victorian sapphire and diamond carved half hoop ring
Out of stock
A sapphire and diamond 18-carat gold carved half hoop from the late Victorian period.
I particularly love the rich detailing on the sides of these rings. A craftsman used a graver tool to carve into the sides of a solid gold mount.
This became a hugely popular style in England. Rings were crafted with countless combinations of gemstones.
The vivid blue Ceylonese-type sapphire and quality old-cut diamonds in the substantial handmade mount in beautiful condition complete this pleasing English ring from about 1890.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Round native cut mid-deep blue natural sapphire estimated at 0.60 carats
• Two old European cut diamonds estimated to total 0.60 carats, graded set as H/SI-pique
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $6,750
• Size approximately 6 3/4 or N, but easily resized free of charge
• Weight is 3.7 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not included)
• Note: some of the other antique and vintage sapphire and diamond rings are for sale separately (others have been sold)
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)