SOLD: Victorian sapphire and diamond gypsy ring, hallmarked Birmingham 1901
Out of stock
Gypsy settings, where the gemstone is set almost flush into the body of the band, were a favourite in the late Victorian and Edwardian periods.
This very pretty example is hallmarked for 1901 – the last year of Queen Victoria’s reign.
It has barely been worn, if at all, and retains the original frosted gold finish on the interior.
The sapphires and diamonds, though small, are of lovely quality and sparkle across the whole band.
The scalloped and beaded border adds a finishing flourish.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold, hallmarked Birmingham 1901
• Four old round cut natural blue sapphires estimated to total 0.10 carats
• Four old round single cut diamonds estimated to total 0.123 carats, graded set as H/VS-SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $2,450
• Size approximately 8 1/4 or Q, but easily resized free of charge
• Weight is 2.9 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other antique rings are for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)