Antique late Victorian opal and diamond ring from about 1900
1 in stock
Australian opals are my favourite gemstones. Here they star in all their rainbow glory in a hard-to-find east-west design antique carved half hoop.
This ring would suit someone with a large strong hand, as the proportions are generous.
It is probably English-made – carved half hoops were popular for a long time there, from about 1885 until the end of the Edwardian period in 1914.
Six tiny round old cut diamonds add a delightful sparkle to this lovely variation of a wonderful ring design.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Oval cabochon cut natural light crystal Australian opal at centre estimated at 0.60 carats
• Two oval cabochon cut natural light crystal Australian opals on sides estimated to total 0.65 carats
• Six round old single cut diamonds estimated to total 0.06 carats, graded set as light yellow/SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $5,950
• Size approximately 5 1/2 or 9 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Weight is 4.9 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)