Antique late Victorian garnet navette ring in 15-carat gold, from about 1900
1 in stock
Rose-cut bohemian garnets perhaps epitomise mid to late Victorian jewellery more than any other gemstone. Usually, small stones are set closely together, as in this high-carat gold ring from about 1900.
Garnet jewellery was made to satisfy every price point. As it was so plentiful there is still a lot of choice out there for collectors today.
(For the novice buyer, be aware there are many garnet rings which have been converted or adapted from other pieces. Their prices should reflect this.)
Bohemia, in the present-day Czech Republic, was the main source of the gemstones – thus the name.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold
• Set with five large and 24 small natural Bohemian rose-cut garnets
• Size approximately 7 1/2 or O 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Ring face is 2.3cm tall
• Weight is 4.7 grams
• In good antique condition: there is a small repair to the back (only visible there) and one stone is a replacement
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not included)
I’d be very happy to send more information and images.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)