Antique late Victorian citrine and gold earrings from about 1880
1 in stock
The pear-shaped citrines in these high-carat gold earrings from about 1880 are so flattering.
One of the classic earring shapes, the tear drop or pear has been reinterpreted endlessly in earring design since antiquity.
The decoration around the gemstones looks like the cannetille work that was so popular in the 1820s and 1830s – this is a later version of it.
I like the mid size of these earrings too; they work for both day and night.
I can imagine them looking terrific with a nautical striped tee-shirt and jeans – or dazzling with an evening gown.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold
• Set with two pear-cut citrines
• Approximately 3.2cm tall (not including wires), 1.3cm at widest point
• Weight is 5.9 grams
• In very good antique condition: the backs are showing slight signs of wear
• Note: the antique box is not included
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)