Antique late Victorian Bohemian garnet heart locket, from the 1890s
1 in stock
Here we have a charming late Victorian Bohemian garnet locket. Hinged at the back, the double-sided glass compartment can be left empty or contain whatever you choose.
The presence of the original top loop is a plus, as so often these have been lost over time.
I also like the small size and generally light feel of this piece.
Bohemian garnet jewellery was so popular in the mid to late 19th century that we still see a lot of it today. Much of it is too elaborate, heavy and overworked for modern taste.
This sweet piece is an exception, in my opinion. The garnets are bright too, adding to its appeal.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in “garnet gold” – low-carat gold of about three or four carats
• Set with 20 rose-cut Bohemian garnets
• Approximately 3cm long (including original bale), 1.9cm wide
• Weight is 3.3 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• Note: the other antique jewellery has sold but I have similar examples available – please get in touch if you’d like information about them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)