Antique late Georgian diamond flower basket brooch with Bristol blue glass, inscribed 1823
1 in stock
This beautiful rose cut diamond basket brooch is inscribed on the back for 1823.
The basket sits on a background of Bristol blue glass – much rarer than similar blue enamel examples, though both are scarce.
The diamonds are set in silver, the basket is made of gold, and there is a gold trim around the inside border of the diamond frame and the remains of a gold wash over the back.
The brooch is quite a large size, at 1 1/2 inches by 1 inch. It’s in wonderful condition, too, with the glass unscratched and a vibrant blue.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in sterling silver, gold and Bristol blue glass
• Set with rose cut diamonds
• The rear is inscribed “D. D. M. S. 1823”
• Approximately 2.6cm (just over 1 inch) tall, 3.7cm (just under 1 1/2 inches) wide
• Weight is 15.6 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• The other brooch is for sale separately. Please get in touch if you’d like more information about it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)