Antique late 19th century garnet blackamoor bracelet, circa 1880
1 in stock
Here’s a terrific example of blackamoor jewellery, richly enamelled and set with bright, well-matched pinkish garnets. It’s in great condition too.
This bracelet was made in about 1880; it’s probably Italian, though it’s unmarked. It’s quite rare and collectable – as are good examples from the Georgian period until the more contemporary creations of Nardi.
Venice and the Ottoman empire were linked, so Italy is usually the creator of interesting historical pieces like this one.
Far from portraying a negative image of their African subjects, blackamoor jewels often depict princely, bejewelled and powerful rulers.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in 14-carat rose gold
• Natural almandine garnets
• Approximately 18cm (7 inches) long, 1.9cm (0.75 inches) wide
• Weight is 31.7 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• Note: the rings are for sale separately. Please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)