Antique Georgian turquoise, ruby and gold heart locket, with natural pearl and hair
1 in stock
Here’s a pretty heart locket with a small ruby surrounded by five turquoise cabochons; inside is a lock of hair with a tiny natural pearl.
Finely engraved front and back, it’s late Georgian – from about 1835.
It’s surprisingly light in weight, too. This is often an indication that a piece is Georgian.
Until the great gold discoveries of the mid-19th century, jewellers perfected the art of working gold to almost paper fineness to make this precious and limited resource go further.
Because of their fragile nature Georgian pieces are less likely to have survived the ravages of time than similar, later 19th century examples.
This jewel has survived beautifully – its condition is immaculate.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold, hand-engraved front and back
• Set with five turquoise cabochons surrounding a small ruby
• Inside is a locket of brown hair with a tiny natural pearl
• Approximately 14mm high (not including top loop), 12.7mm wide
• Weight is 4.4 grams
• In excellent antique condition; the locket shuts with a crisp click
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• Note: some of the other jewellery is for sale separately (some has sold) – please get in touch if you’d like more information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)