Antique late Victorian portrait miniature with diamond border, circa 1900
1 in stock
Here’s a fine miniature from the late 19th century.
A pretty lady, with colours still fresh and bright, sits in a navette-shaped diamond frame, with an original diamond bale.
I love her serene expression, and the restrained simplicity of the diamond border. The 57 old-cut stones add up to an estimated 1.14 carats.
At some time the back has been sealed with solder. I have seen this in other, similar pieces, and wonder if there is a memento so personal hidden within that someone chose to keep it secret from prying eyes …
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in high-carat gold and silver
• 57 antique old-cut diamonds estimated to total approximately 1.14 carats
• Approximately 5.4cm tall, including original bale; 2.7cm at widest point
• Weight is 12.6 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)