Antique Georgian mourning ring, rose gold with French jet and hair locket
1 in stock
An English mourning ring from the late Georgian period, with an inscription dated 1810.
It’s set with French jet around a central lock of plaited hair.
The mount is nine-carat rose gold (this despite the fact that anything less that 18-carat gold was illegal in England until 1854, though it’s still common to find both nine- and 15-carat pieces from before then).
Note the simple, restrained, strong shoulder details.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• 15-carat rose gold
• French jet (glass), with woven hair in locket panel
• Inscription in memory of A Walkinson, who died in 1810 aged 67
• Size 6 3/4, or N, but easily resized free of charge
• In good antique condition
I’d be very happy to send more information or images.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)