Antique Georgian emerald, ruby and diamond crowned double heart ring, circa 1800
1 in stock
I wanted this ring the moment I saw it. The brightness of the stones, the fine workmanship, condition, rarity and gorgeous design all spoke to me.
Made in about 1800, it is a lovely example of a crowned double heart ring. The setting is open-backed – extremely rare for the time – which means the stones are vibrant and, I think, very beautiful.
I took this ring to London with me to confer about its age with a Georgian jewellery specialist. She said the gems must once have been foil-backed. Yet my jeweller in Sydney, a very knowledgeable and experienced man, insists the setting was always open.
This ring is not in perfect condition but you would wonder if there were no signs of wear on a finely made jewel more than 200 years old. It has been worn and loved.
The emerald and the ruby symbolise two lovers united – the Georgian representation of a heart was the pear shape – and the crown stands for loyalty.
What a beautiful token of love this ring could be, as it surely must once have been.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat gold and silver
• Pear-cut emerald and ruby, with five old mine-cut diamonds
• Size approximately 6 3/4 or N, but could be resized free of charge for most hands
• The face of the ring is 17.45mm wide from diamond to diamond, and 9.9mm tall
• In very good condition for a ring of this era: there is a tiny crack in the ruby (not visible to the naked eye), there are signs that the band was replaced about 100 years ago and there is wear on the gallery underneath – please check the pictures and videos carefully
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not for sale)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)