SOLD: Edwardian ruby and diamond five-stone ring, circa 1910
Out of stock
What makes this a good antique ruby and diamond five-stone ring? The old-cut rubies in this Edwardian beauty are rich, bright and well matched. A big plus is that they are unheated.
The old brilliant cut diamonds are also matched, and are white and lively.
The beautifully crisp handcrafted 18-carat yellow gold mount has a platinum setting for the diamonds alone, which highlights their whiteness. I love the side-on view of this detail, a sign that this jewel is from the early years of the 20th century.
Like most five-stones with decent-sized stones this ring is better suited to a larger hand. (You can see this in the hand shots – the customer who very kindly modelled it for me has beautiful hands but it is a little too big for her her extremely slender fingers.)
Many five-stone rings are set rather flatly across the top, which is not so appealing on the hand. The top of this one has a very definite curve that looks wonderful when worn.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold and platinum
• Central 6.3 x 4.1 x 1.8mm mid-red oval natural ruby estimated at 0.42 carats
• Two outer mid-red natural rubies estimated to total 0.42 carats
• Inclusions indicate that the rubies are untreated
• Two large old European cut diamonds estimated to total 1.19 carats, graded set as H-I/VS2
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $16,250
• Size approximately 9 or R 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Weight is 4.2 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not included)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)