Antique Edwardian opal, spinel and diamond pendant/brooch, circa 1901
1 in stock
Here’s a pretty opal snowflake pendant from the beginning of the 20th century.
The opals are intensely coloured and have a strong pink body colour. Bright red spinels and diamonds highlight the larger stones.
The spinels are an unusual colour – they are more scarlet than the crimson of rubies one normally sees. That is, they show a slightly orange red rather than a blue red. (This has proved difficult to capture with an iPhone camera.)
The open, light design is typically Edwardian, contrasting with the heavier, more solid jewels of the preceding Victorian period.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold
• Set with one round natural crystal opal cabochon and six oval ones, estimated to total 1.45 carats
• Six round cut red natural spinels estimated to total 0.30 carats
• Six round single cut diamonds estimated to total 0.30 carats, graded set as H/SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $7,000
• Approximately 21.5mm in diameter, not including the detachable bale
• Weight of pendant is 4.5 grams, the screw-in brooch attachment is 1.6 grams
• In very good antique condition: the bale is not original
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not included)
• Note: the antique gold chain is not for sale
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)