Antique Edwardian opal and diamond necklet from about 1910
1 in stock
Here’s a beautiful Edwardian opal necklet that features seven vibrant Australian crystal opals. They show rainbow hues, with plenty of pink and red.
This “negligee” necklace design – this refers to the long drops of uneven length – was very popular in England in the early years of the 20th century. This example even has the original diamond clasp.
All the opals in this lovely piece are original and are sympathetically matched, though each one is so individual – as is the way with opals (my favourite gemstone).
The quality old cut diamonds add extra life and sparkle.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold and silver
• Large oval 11.7 x 8.0 x 4.6mm cabochon opal at centre estimated at 2.60 carats
• Two opals on drops below centre stone estimated to total 0.96 carats
• Four opals set along chain estimated to total 3.40 carats
• Ten larger old round cut diamonds estimated to total 0.30 carats, graded set as H-J/SI
• 16 old round cut diamonds estimated to total 0.32 carats, graded set as H-J/SI
• Eight old round cut diamonds estimated to total 0.08 carats, graded set as H-J/SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $11,500
• Necklace approximately 14 1/4 inches (36cm) long, central drop is two inches (50mm)
• Weight is 12.1 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not included)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)