Edwardian moonstone and diamond brooch, circa 1910
1 in stock
Moonstones and diamonds work so well together. Both play with the light so differently.
Here the soft blue adularescence of the central stone glows next to the sharp fire of the surrounding frame of diamonds. Together they form a beautiful whole.
The brooch is handcrafted in platinum – It’s almost an inch long and the workmanship is superb.
It dates from the Edwardian period, when colourless or pale tinted gemstones were the height of fashion.
The moonstone is a particularly fine example.
It’s an exquisite jewel – I fell in love with it on sight.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in platinum
• Oval high cabochon cut moonstone with soft blue adularescence measures 17.8 x 11.7 x 7.1mm, estimated at 10.91 carats
• 26 early modern round brilliant cut diamonds estimated to total 1.04 carats, graded set as H-I/SI & piqué
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $13,750
• Approximately 27mm (nearly 3/4 inch) tall, 23mm (nearly 1 inch) wide
• Weight is 4.2 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)