SOLD: Edwardian large diamond cluster engagement ring, circa 1920
Out of stock
Here’s a wonderful large cluster ring from about 1920 set with nine early modern brilliant cut diamonds.
It’s handcrafted in platinum with a prettily millegrained top setting.
The ring sits flat on the finger, as is usual for this time – which makes it ideal for everyday wear.
The central stone of half a carat is symmetrically surrounded by eight other diamonds, adding up to a combined weight of more than two carats.
I love this style, as any of you who watch my listings may have noticed.
One reason for this is that smaller gemstones cost less per carat than the equivalent-quality large ones.
This means that choosing a cluster ring with the same total carat weight as a solitaire can save a considerable amount of money, without any sacrifice in quality – or sparkle. And this is the largest example I’ve had in stock in some time.
When the diamonds are closely set and well-matched and in a fine setting, as here, the effect can be dazzling.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in platinum
• Early modern brilliant cut diamond at centre estimated at 0.50 carats, graded set as H-I/VS2
• Eight surrounding early modern brilliant cut diamonds estimated to total 1.60 carats, graded set as H-I/SI1 & SI2
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $17,500
• Size approximately 6 or L 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 1.4cm (just over 1/2 inch) in diameter
• Weight is 4.1 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale
• Note: some of the other antique and vintage diamond cluster rings are for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)