Antique Edwardian five-stone opal ring, hallmarked for London 1902
1 in stock
Bright, fiery Australian opals star in this classic five-stone English ring hallmarked for London 1902.
A scalloped frame on a solid base holds the stones in a delicate, unfussy setting.
It’s more common to find an antique English ring with Australian opals than an Australian one, as the population here was too small and too poor to absorb the supply that poured forth from the opal fields towards the end of the 19th century.
The opals here are better than usual for this style of ring. They are crystal opals with a dark body colour, which helps the colour play come alive.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED; FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Five bright oval cabochon cut natural crystal opals estimated to total 1.13 carats
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $4,250
• Size approximately 6 1/2 or M 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Weight is 4.7 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)