Antique Edwardian diamond knot ring, hallmarked Birmingham 1913
1 in stock
Substantial fancy gold rings became popular in the last part of the 19th century, continuing through the Edwardian period until the First World War.
Knots, belts, snakes and plaits were all popular motifs. Sometimes they were all gold, sometimes they were set with stones.
This 18-carat handcrafted knot ring is deeply engraved and features three old cut round diamonds in star settings.
It is clearly hallmarked for 1913 so it’s a late example of the style.
The contrast between the shiny gold of the plain surface and the matte finish of the engraved section is a pleasing detail.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Set with three round old cut diamonds
• Size approximately 9 1/2 or S 1/2, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring is 11.2mm tall, 16.6mm from diamond to diamond
• Weight is 6.3 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique box is not for sale)
• Note: some of the other antique rings are for sale separately. Please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)