Antique Edwardian diamond and natural pearl necklace in gold and silver
Here’s a feminine diamond and natural pearl pendant from the Edwardian period.
Colourless stones were in fashion in the early years of the 20th century. Pearls and diamonds were the most valuable of these, and thus the most prized – at the time pearls cost about four times as much as diamonds of the equivalent weight.
This pretty pendant is made from 15-carat yellow gold with a silver top setting. The drop features 31 old mine cut diamonds millegrain set.
Forty-four rose-cut diamonds decorate the top bow and connecting pieces. The use of rose-cut diamonds was common for small, accent diamonds at the time.
The 18-carat white gold chain is a later addition.
The diamond bow at the top – a popular Edwardian motif – is a lovely detail.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Pendant handmade in 15-carat yellow gold and silver
• 12 larger old mine cut diamonds estimated to total 0.78 carats, graded set as H-K/SI & piqué
• 19 smaller old mine cut diamonds estimated to total 0.19 carats, graded set as H-J/SI & piqué
• 44 rose cut diamonds estimated to total 0.30 carats, graded set as H-J/SI & piqué
• Four drilled off-round pearls are silvery white
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $8,750
• Pendant’s drop length approximately 6.3cm (2 1/2 inches)
• 18-carat white gold trace link chain is 19 inches (48cm) long but could be shortened free of charge
• Pendant weighs 5.9 grams; chain weighs 2.8 grams
• In excellent antique condition – the chain is a replacement
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)