Antique Edwardian amethyst and natural pearl necklace from about 1910
1 in stock
This pretty Edwardian necklace incorporates popular motifs and materials from the early years of the 20th century.
It is fashioned in 15-carat gold and set with amethysts and half pearls. Half pearls were also used in 19th century jewels, but here the gold settings are lighter and more attenuated.
The Art Nouveau movement has influenced the design of the central pendant.
This kind of jewel would have been worn by someone from the middle or upper classes, as it has a quality of design materials and workmanship that lifts it out of the ordinary.
And, yes, it comes in the lovely box I bought it in.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in 15-carat yellow gold
• Set with five round and five oval natural amethysts and lustrous natural pearls
• Necklace length approximately 18 1/2 inches (47.5cm)
• Central pendant is approximately 4.25cm long
• Weight is 12.3 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in the antique box shown
• Note: the antique gold chain is for sale separately. Please get in touch if you’d like information about it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)