Antique early Victorian rose gold buckle ring with secret hair locket, from about 1845
1 in stock
Here’s one for fans of secret locket rings.
This early Victorian nine-carat rose gold buckle ring is beautifully engraved, and is lovely in itself.
But under the buckle it hides finely plaited hair. The opening is double hinged – an unusual detail – which enables it to open further than is generally seen in this type of jewel.
The ring is hollow to enclose the braid. So this is one that can’t be sized.It is in wonderful condition – surprising in something so delicate. There are no dings to the gold, and both hinges work perfectly.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
• Handmade in nine-carat gold
• Locket opens to reveal a plaited lock of brown hair
• Size approximately 7 3/4 or P (this ring can’t be resized)
• Band is 6.3mm wide
• Weight is 4.5 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)