ON HOLD for Marie: Antique early Victorian natural pearl and ruby ring, from about 1845
1 in stock
Please don’t buy unless you are Marie!
This pretty, early Victorian variation on a ruby and pearl cluster ring has a natural pearl as the centre and a halo of vibrant rubies encircling it – instead of the usual arrangement of a central coloured stone with a pearl or diamond surround.
The ring is made of 12-carat gold, though it is not marked. It was handcrafted in about 1845, when the use of gold lower than 18 carats was illegal.
This law was flouted frequently. When nine-, 12-, and 15-carat standards were legalised in England in 1854 it was a matter of the authorities catching up with common practice.
I love the vibrant rubies, and the ring’s Rococo-inspired asymmetrical shoulders are particularly appealing.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 12-carat yellow gold
• White natural pearl surrounded by 12 natural rubies
• Size approximately 8 1/4 or Q, but easily resized free of charge
• Cluster is 11mm wide
• Weight is 2.8 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin Antiques gift box
• Note: some of the other rings and the bracelet are for sale separately (some have sold). Please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)