Antique Ceylon sapphire and rose cut diamond ring with French control marks, circa 1910
1 in stock
Double halo rings were a delightful fashion revived in the Edwardian period, inspired by earlier Georgian examples.
This French beauty is set with rose cut diamonds, in keeping with the revivalist sentiment.
The Ceylon sapphire is richly saturated and lively. The diamonds are particularly even and well matched, giving beautiful scintillation to the surrounding frame.
It’s wonderful from side on, too. Look at that fine hand piercing!
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX, FREE RESIZING IF NEEDED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold and platinum
• Cushion cut deep blue natural sapphire estimated at 1.91 carats
• 54 rose cut diamonds (20 on the inner border, 28 on the outer one and three on each shoulder) estimated to total 0.54 carats, graded set as H-J/SI
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $16,500
• Size approximately 6 1/4 or M, but easily resized free of charge
• Face of ring approximately 16.33mm tall, 15.1mm wide (not including shoulder diamonds)
• Weight is 4.8 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)