Antique Australian cooee boomerang brooch with turquoise and pearls, from about 1915
1 in stock
This charming gold bar brooch from the early years of the 20th century is typically Australian.
Incorporating three patriotic symbols – the Southern Cross, a boomerang, and the cooee call recognised by all Australians – such pieces appealed to the pride of a new nation.
Often simply made in vast numbers – in nine-carat gold and semiprecious stones – they were affordable to many people in a young and fairly impoverished country, at a time when bar brooches were fashionable worldwide.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in nine-carat yellow gold with rose gold lettering
• Southern Cross set with turquoise and pearls
• Approximately 2.4cm (1 inch) tall, 5.3cm (2 inches) wide
• Weight is 2.2 grams
• In good antique condition – there is evidence of lead solder on the back attaching the constellation
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (my antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: the antique gold chain has sold but I have others in stock – please get in touch if you’d like to information about them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)