Antique 19th century Whitby jet beads with a gold clasp, 26 inches
1 in stock
Some visitors to my shop can’t believe that my wonderfully chic and sleek Whitby jet beads are from the 19th century. Why ever not?
I love how marvellous they look on black. Of course, that is just exactly how they were meant to be worn …
The black and white photo shows a woman in half-mourning in Shrewsbury in the early 1870s. (I found it on page 660 of one of my reference books, Jewellery 1789-1910: The International Era – Volume II 1862-1910, by Shirley Bury.)
This statement necklace is 26 inches long and has a modern 14-carat clasp.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in Whitby jet with a 14-carat yellow gold clasp
• Approximately 26 inches (66cm)
• Largest bead is 22.2mm, smallest is 9.2mm
• Weight is 75 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box
• The other beads and the Whitby jet earrings are for sale separately – please get in touch if you’d like information about any of them
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)