SOLD: Graduated coral bead necklace with gold clasp, 21 1/2 inches, 19th century
Out of stock
Coral beads have been valued from ancient times until today, and were at their most popular during the 19th century.
This lovely, intense apricot orange strand dates from the end of the Victorian period. The colour is completely natural, and not of a type found today.
The largest bead is 13mm in diameter, graduating down to 6mm. The clasp has been fashioned from one of the beads, drilled and lined with gold – a pleasing detail.
The beads’ surface is matte, from years of careful handling, giving the necklace a soft appearance overall.
And I love the graduated beads, usually only found in old necklaces. Many of my customers find that these long strands are far more flattering than short necklaces with beads that are all the same size, whatever the material.
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING WITH FEDEX
• Handmade in untreated natural coral with a gold clasp hidden in one of the beads
• 62 round to oval untreated coral beads range in size from 13.03mm to 5.90mm
• Comes with an independent insurance valuation for $4,250
• Approximately 21 1/2 inches (54cm) long
• Weight is 43.3 grams
• In excellent antique condition
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (the antique boxes are not for sale)
• Note: some of the other jewellery is for sale separately (some has sold). Please get in touch if you’d like information about any of it
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I offer free worldwide express shipping, tracked and insured. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
Direct bank transfer (Australian customers only)
Returns & Exchanges
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.
Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)