This splendid snake link mid-Victorian set features a wonderfully heavy and slinky 18-carat gold guard chain, a complementary wider bracelet and an imposing brooch/pendant.
The latter has three marvellous detachable tasselled drops hanging from a knot that’s embellished with more of the snake link chain, supporting smaller hanging drops.
The bracelet is long at almost 8 1/2 inches – a real bonus for those with larger wrists – though it could be shortened.
Apart from minor tassel loss it’s all in excellent antique condition.
Few brooches of this type have survived. Most have been turned into more easily saleable earrings and pendants, with their denuded bases probably sold off for very little.
I am selling this as a set. It would be a shame to split the three pieces after some 150 years together.
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING, TRACKED AND INSURED
• Handmade in 18-carat yellow gold
• Brooch approximately 7.9cm (just over 3 inches) long and 5.9cm (almost 2 1/3 inches) wide; weighs is 36.9 grams
• Chain approximately 170cm (67 inches) long; weight is 67.8 grams
• Bracelet almost 8 1/2 inches (21cm) long and 1.1cm (almost 1/2 inch) wide; weight is 15.7 grams
• In excellent antique condition – there is minor tassel loss on the brooch
• Will come in a Karen Deakin gift box (my antique boxes are not for sale)
Please examine the photographs carefully – they form part of the description.
I’d be very happy to send more information and images. Layaway available.
I accept returns within 14 days if you’re not delighted with your purchase.